1988 Force 50 hp No Spark On Bottom Plug

Nitefire36

Recruit
I have a 1988 force 50 hp model 507x8b .The ignition switch fell apart so I bought a new switch.When i wired the new switch up the bottom spark plug gets no spark,I took the white mag wire off and exchanged it with the blue mag on the engine
too see if the bottom plug would get spark, and the still will not get no spark,With the blue wire now on top ,I disconnected it back off and the motor starts.
Except it starts with white mag wire on bottom ( blue mag disconnected from key and motor ) and starts on top spark plug only Still even though its still hooked to the lower mag for bottom spark plug .

Does Anyone have any thoughts on what could cause this.So i can get both plugs back to fireing right????

flatcat77

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1988 Force 50 hp No Spark On Bottom Plug

i have a 87 that i am working on for my flat bottom and i'm experiencing the same issues. when i bought it it ran awesome on this pontoon it was on. now 3 months later i got one plug with no spark and i didnt even mess with it and it was in the garage the whole time. i will dig into mine this weekend and see what i come up with. drives you crazy doesnt it?

Nitefire36

Recruit
Re: 1988 Force 50 hp No Spark On Bottom Plug

Driving me crazy is saying it mildly LOL , Same thing for me ran great on this pontoon last year . I pulled coils off and the bottom coil has what looks like burn marks in coating and 3 wire melted together from it( wireing was not melted but stuck together from coating get hot) .So the bottom coil is or maybe bad.

2: What cause it? I switch coils put the good 1 on bottom , and now no fire from both,So this could lead to a bad Trigger,thats next on list too check , Got to get a DVA meter to test it .

Let me know what you find out ,Good Luck