Shifter Control Cable Help please

bowtie2440

Cadet
Hello everyone . I just bought an 89 bayliner dirt cheep and in really nice shape for its age and only has 107 hours on the boat. There has been alot of work done to this boat from the previous owner such as new powerhead with 4 hours on it . The interior has been redone seats , carpet and so on . This is a 125 force L-Drive set-up Now to my issue with the shifter control cable . First night home with the boat I dropped the lower unit in a tub the check the water flow it was good so I desided to check the lower well went to drop it in gear and well it took 2 hands to push the shifter in gear . Next day I removed the cable from the lower drive with the cable straight it move freely with the small bend needed at the drive it would bind . So time for a new cable . I called Iboats and got part numbers for a cable CC17215 well its a uni cable with 2 threaded ends as you all know the motor end is not threaded it has a 3 1/16 hole (or something like that) so it can mount on the lower . I have tryed to call Teleflex since Wednesday to get some tech info for what kit or adapter I would need .... well I haven't heard anything from them . However I did see this CA37701P Ball Joint, 3300 is this what I need to put the CC17215 on my boat ? Any help would be great . Thanks

PS I hope I didn't confuse anyone to bad :)

Last edited: