87 Force 125 Fuel Recirculation Clean Out

sidenberg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone familiar with procedure for cleaning out fuel recirculation on this engine?
Foodfisher, you said you did your '86 125 HP. Did you spray sea foam or something through it or do you need to take it apart and clean manually?

foodfisher

Captain
Re: 87 Force 125 Fuel Recirculation Clean Out

Disconnect the smaller diameter hoses next to the block. At each end through the elbows/connections, blast with carb/choke cleaner. Watchout, a bunch of black shtuff will come out. Change or clear hoses too. It's been a while but I believe there were three hoses. Short ones.

Last edited:

maxum_man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Have you seen a recirc. system that leaks and causes a motor to not run up past 3000 rpm's??

moparman

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't think the recirculation system will cause the motor not to run past 3 grand, the system is to allow small amounts of excess fuel in the intake to be burned, and even if unhooked it shouldn't effect the motor too much ,I think you need to look else where for your issue

sidenberg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Is it possible for the fuel recirculation system to be plugged up from above inside the cylinder or crankcase area with carbon or crumbled insulation material? Will a decarb procedure with Sea Form cause debris to drain and plug up the screens and orifice on the drain plates?
If so how to best clean it out? I have the cylinder drain plates removed and can see a fair amount of debris in the screens etc but I would like to be able to verify before I put it back together that fuel is draining from above properly.

NEKFORCE

Petty Officer 3rd Class
On my 1989 125 someone had drilled the little retaining notch on the block and cause the check valves and screen is one of my covers to become loose. I am not sure if this cause the lean condition that led to my engine falure or not.

MOD EDIT - Please read the rules. No soliciting is permitted.

Last edited by a moderator: