chrysler paint color ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer
for those of you guys that have repainted your chrysler outboards... what color did you use ? im just talking about the "leg" im either going to paint the cowl or have decals made to color match my boat. white just seems to brite to me ... suggestions and pics would be great. thanks guys, scott

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: chrysler paint color ....

Well, Scott---original Chrysler color was an off-white, almost cream color. I believe that over at The Chrysler Crew website, they can tell you a close match.

Personally, I use Dupli-Color gloss white acrylic. Yes, it is bright, but it makes a good background for my decals (you have seen my mermaid decal) and trim color. AND---it is always available in large spray cans. No fuss, no muss, no bother!

As an aside, I think the worst thing that happened to Force engines was the change to dark blue or black.

RRitt

Captain
Re: chrysler paint color ....

I mix three tablespoons of beige with one pint of white. Specifically i use the Mazda/Mercedes light beige and the Great Falls School District white.

Biddaddydan

Recruit
After quite a bit of trial and error, I found the perfect color match for Chrysler (and West-Bend) white outboards. Its: Daimler Chrysler 1979 Warm white color code # 61. Any good spray can touch-up provider will easily brew that paint for you. I deal with robertspaintcare.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.