Repair Manuals ..whats good..Selco/Clymer

paintking46

Cadet
Ive been looking for a repair manual for my force.Seems that there are only a couple that I can find. Selco or Clymer....One better then the other.

shytownborn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Repair Manuals ..whats good..Selco/Clymer

i got both, clymer is better,more detail in instructions and pictures you can actually see whats going on. seloc has to many mistakes

erikpn

Petty Officer 1st Class

Agree, clymer is much better and more detailed. I have the seloc, only because it was free to rent from the library and I am cheap.

paintking46

Cadet

Thanks..I hear that Im all about cheap and free

boone68

Cadet

were would some find the Clymer manuals

shytownborn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ebay sometimes has them, got mine from dougrussellmarine.com, you can also check here on iboats but i believe they only have seloc

droach77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I got my clymer from amazon.com.....27.99 after shipping it was at my house in 2 days.

john from md

Commander

Search ebay for used manuals as well as Barnes and Noble and Amazon. A used usually sells for alot less than new ones.

John

cambosoup99

Seaman

i prefer factory service manual when you can get them. strictly the info for the engine your working on

andrewgri2

Cadet

How do the factory service manuals compare to the Clymer manuals? I'm a newbie and need detailed illustrations and directions that are easy to follow. I have a '88 Force 125. Found a factory one that covers '88-'91 A models 85,90,120,125hp. The Clymer covers a larger range, '84-'99 4-150hp. Does the Clymer break it down by model for each thing or just give a more generic how-to. Do the factory manuals have easy to follow instructions or are they more for the expert?

andrewgri2

Cadet

How do the factory service manuals compare to the Clymer manuals? I'm a newbie and need detailed illustrations and directions that are easy to follow. I have a '88 Force 125. Found a factory one that covers '88-'91 A models 85,90,120,125hp. The Clymer covers a larger range, '84-'99 4-150hp. Does the Clymer break it down by model for each thing or just give a more generic how-to. Do the factory manuals have easy to follow instructions or are they more for the expert?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

How do the factory service manuals compare to the Clymer manuals?

That's easy, they are much more detailed, in every way. Where do you think the after market manuals like Seloc and Clymer's get there information from?

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

Factory manuals have the most detailed information/illustrations and are model specific. Clymer is OK, SELOC is not very good. Just my opinion.