Ignition Key/Tumbler 1966 45HP Chrysler

kapuse

Cadet
I was wondering if this was a specific part, or if the generic one i can buy at NAPA is what im looking for, if so do need the push to choke model?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Ignition Key/Tumbler 1966 45HP Chrysler

Generic 6 pole push to choke switch--you can get one here at iboats too.

RED=Bat or "B"
GREEN = Choke or "C"
YELLOW + Start, "S"
ACCESSORIES or BLUE if battery ignition = "I" NOTE this wiring is different than magneto ignition.
MAGNETO ignition = two stop wires , one to each "M" NOTE: Stop circuit should be the blue and white wires for magneto ignition.

kapuse

Cadet

Thanks for the answer, I picked up the correct ignition and heres whats going on. I wired everything correctly as in by the book im using for engine, and by your answer, the switch must have power because the choke solenoid is working properly however the engine is now not turning over, this model is the magneto ignition, oh and the circuit breaker is functioning because with the ignition wired up i tried to start the motor by jumping from right side terminal of the starter solenoid to the yellow start wire on top and it tripped the breaker (resetting it by disconnecting battery makes the choke operate again) im bamboozled as to what could be wrong here, any input?

kapuse

Cadet

I would have just hidden my shame but i cant seem to figure out how to delete my last post. After reading some more on this wonderful forum (like i should have done before asking a silly question) i realized the motor must be in neutral, all is well and shes almost ready for the water thanks again for the answer Frank