Where can I find a cut-away/section view of a 35 HP Chrysler showing exhaust and cool

wickware

Lieutenant
Where can I find a cut-away/section view of a 35 HP Chrysler showing exhaust and cooling water travel?

Otherwise my questions and interest are:

1. Will cooling water and ?some? exhaust mix at some point before exiting the cooling water?s port?

2. I know some or all exhaust is exiting the bottom of the leg but where does it come in w/o mess in leg?

3. Does external water or exhaust exist in the water pump area of the leg? I saw no sign of either in leg.

The attachment?s parts have not ever been cleaned but notice how clean they are and ?How In Years??

4. If water and exhaust are not there, what causes the water pump?s bolts to become a challenge to rem?

5. Did I read that water pump?s int. walls should be rubbed with bar soap when installing an impeller?

Thanks in advance for you help.

JOW

Attachments

• 70 Chrysler 35 HP Water Pump Checked Last In 1985 8.JPG
    70 Chrysler 35 HP Water Pump Checked Last In 1985 8.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 70 Chrysler 35 HP Water Pump Checked Last In 1985 9.JPG
    70 Chrysler 35 HP Water Pump Checked Last In 1985 9.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 70 Chrysler 35 HP Water Pump Checked Last In 1985 7.JPG
    70 Chrysler 35 HP Water Pump Checked Last In 1985 7.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 0

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Where can I find a cut-away/section view of a 35 HP Chrysler showing exhaust and

Your exhaust will exit further up on the motor.The exhaust and water mix and exit higher on the motor.The bolts get water in them you don't say if it's salt or fresh.They should be installed with lithium grease or marine grease.
It's clean cause no exhaust gets down that far.
Yes use a little grease or something to lube the impeller.J

wickware

Lieutenant
Re: Where can I find a cut-away/section view of a 35 HP Chrysler showing exhaust and

Thanks for the reply jerryjerry05!

I went back and checked the leg and lower unit because it?s hard for me to feel ?Fresh Water? in not getting into the lower leg with it not being completely sealed at the bottom. I saw a rectangular vent close to the water pump in front of the lower rear exhaust. I?m saying lower exhaust because that?s where I see most of the exhaust coming out. BUT! I thought the upper port where the cooling water is coming out (attached) removed would answer my question of some of the exhaust being mixed with the cooling water. BUT NO And No Problem!

After the ?Trouble Free? success I?ve had with the 1970 35HP Chrysler since 1985 I need to ?KISS?. At my age and experience, this is a new acronym but I understand and respect it.

Last, reading w/o some personal experiences can be challenging toward directions to follow and honor. Such as, I was geared to install the new impeller onto the lower unit today. BUT! I read an article that impellers need to be removed to rest from the stress of the water pump?s housing (during the off season) that will deform it. My thoughts are mixed because my old impeller is deformed but it?s been in there ?un-touched since 1985?. Plus, the housing feels teflon coated related to the lubricant. I?ll wait to install the impeller using liquid soap. Enough Said! JOW

Attachments

• 70 Chrysler 35 HP Water Pump Checked Last In 1985 2.JPG
    70 Chrysler 35 HP Water Pump Checked Last In 1985 2.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Chrysler Impeller 1970 35HP.JPG
    Chrysler Impeller 1970 35HP.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 0