I have found three sources of info for my 1970 35 HP Chrysler

wickware

Lieutenant
I have found three sources of info for my 1970 35 HP Chrysler, a Chrysler CD off Ebay and two manuals.

1. The CD beats no source, a bit of a challenge to find good quick info text, charts, graphics and diagram drawings. An Inexpensive CD off Ebay. I got what I paid for, some help if you work the CD. I printed sections.

2. Clymer's Chrysler 25 HP - 135 HP 1966 -1977 Outboard Service Handbook is the best with specific HP info. General info, specifics by HP makes it a friendly manual and was found in the Public library.

3. Clymer's Chrysler-Forge 3.5 -140 HP 1966 -1988 Outboards Shop Manual is the best with good quick general info. Some color, good diagrams, troubleshooting with instruments and tools needed shown. It appears to be a half-price bookstore product. "Manuals Supplement Personal Skills"! Am I working with good manuals OR! Is Solic better or just an opinion??

4. I had a good experience with an impeller order from Iboat. The price match and US Postal shipping made it reasonable.

JOW

Attachments

• Clymer's Chrysler 25 HP -135 HP 1966 -1977 Outboard Service Handbook.jpg
    Clymer's Chrysler 25 HP -135 HP 1966 -1977 Outboard Service Handbook.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Clymer's Chrysler-Forge 3.5 -140 HP 1966 -1988 Outboards Shop Manual.jpg
    Clymer's Chrysler-Forge 3.5 -140 HP 1966 -1988 Outboards Shop Manual.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 0

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: I have found three sources of info for my 1970 35 HP Chrysler

The seloc manual is a waste of time and money.

stick with what you have.

huskerdaninva

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I have found three sources of info for my 1970 35 HP Chrysler

I can't speak to Clymer's or Seloc as far as a repair manual goes as I've never owned/used one. FWIW, I have been very happy with my Glenn's repair manual. Well written, good photos/diagrams, simple to follow. Got it for cheap on Ebay. Bought two, hardback and paperback. Resold one (paperback) to help defray costs of my project, and kept the hardback manaual for my personal use.
One thing I detest is the old "remove part b from housing" nonsense that one gets often times from un-named auto repair manuals that tell you absolutely nothing. I KNOW I have to remove part b from the housing, HOW do I do it?? What's involved, any shortcuts or any info I need? Those are the manuals I have no use for. OK, off of my soapbox now.