Need help finding parts and part numbers, '66 Chrysler 50hp

Q_ball

Seaman
1966 Chrysler 50hp
m# 50671 S# 5634
This came on the project boat i picked up and fired up on the second try after sitting for several years outside in the snow. But it has had some very poor repair work on it like clear silicone as gaskets and so on.

Ive searched the forum and all over the web and can't find much about this old motor. The manual is very basic but has helped some. I know they only made this style 50hp for one year but i am hoping that some of the part were used on several models and years that would cross over.
Below is a list that i need so far for the gearcase. BTW the water pick up on this one is above the prop right in front of the exhaust not in the leg like normal.

Water pump kit or
Impeller 47-F33065-2 maybe??
shift rod seal
bearing cage damaged-welder might be able to fix it
fuel pump gasket kit
voltage regulator/rectifier missing and wires are just loose from the stator.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need help finding parts and part numbers, '66 Chrysler 50hp

Most parts from early 45 and 55 engines will swap onto it. Lower unit was the same for the 35,45,55 series engines. Try franzmarine @aol.com for parts.

Q_ball

Seaman

Thanks alot Frank! that should give me a good starting point.

chrisroberts916

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wondering if you ever got a good part source and got it running. I just bought one myself.

Q_ball

Seaman

i havn't even had a chance to work on it. I did pick up another motor for free that has the good parts i need so other than the normal stuff like water pump, carb kit and so on i should be able to get it going. I travel alot for work and its been crazy busy, two days home a week hasn't left any time for the boat.

dstringer

Recruit

1966 Chrysler 50hp
m# 50671 S# 5634
This came on the project boat i picked up and fired up on the second try after sitting for several years outside in the snow. But it has had some very poor repair work on it like clear silicone as gaskets and so on.

Ive searched the forum and all over the web and can't find much about this old motor. The manual is very basic but has helped some. I know they only made this style 50hp for one year but i am hoping that some of the part were used on several models and years that would cross over.
Below is a list that i need so far for the gearcase. BTW the water pick up on this one is above the prop right in front of the exhaust not in the leg like normal.

Water pump kit or
Impeller 47-F33065-2 maybe??
shift rod seal
bearing cage damaged-welder might be able to fix it
fuel pump gasket kit
voltage regulator/rectifier missing and wires are just loose from the stator.
I the same problem finding parts for my 66 chrysler 45hp, i found a place called wise marine in china grove N.C. , he had everything i needed in stock, new or used, you might want to try thier.