Need corrected part number for 7.5 Hp Chrysler impeller.(FOUND!)

sentinel

Seaman
Chrysler 7.5 Hp VWB 52179A (equivalent) impeller part number needed.

When Chrysler stopped making motors, the other manufacturers did not bother to convert Chrysler Microfische record of parts to their part number substitutions and equivelants. Consequently, having all the original Chrysler part numbers does no good at all in trying to look up a substitution.

Has anyone found a correct substitution for this impeller?
It would save me and a parts shop a lot of time trying to match it up!! -Larry

Last edited:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need corrected part number for 7.5 Hp Chrysler impeller Please.

I don't think any other parts maker is making impellers for the small Chryslers.

You can try http://www.franzmarine.com/ THey specialize in Chrysler outboard parts.

oleliner

Cadet

Chrysler 7.5 Hp VWB 52179A (equivalent) impeller part number needed.

When Chrysler stopped making motors, the other manufacturers did not bother to convert Chrysler Microfische record of parts to their part number substitutions and equivelants. Consequently, having all the original Chrysler part numbers does no good at all in trying to look up a substitution.

Has anyone found a correct substitution for this impeller?
It would save me and a parts shop a lot of time trying to match it up!! -Larry

yes i feel you can bring in what is left of the old impeller to a good parts boat shop, and he can match it up, i have done that in the past, just thinking out loud.. good luck

sentinel

Seaman
Re: Need corrected part number for 7.5 Hp Chrysler impeller. (FOUND!)

Re: Need corrected part number for 7.5 Hp Chrysler impeller. (FOUND!)

Went through the motions with an old dealer doing a match up. We uncovered the original Quicksilver part number..........HOooAH!!!

It is 47-F52065-1
Quicksilver currently sells this impeller for ~$25......

However it cost me $45 to get it and that part number on the bag from the dealer. "May he remember the plug an hour AFTER he does his next fiberglass boat launch".... :rolleyes:

-Larry

ztim

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need corrected part number for 7.5 Hp Chrysler impeller.(FOUND!)

Is Quicksilver a brand or a part store? Would it work for other things like points or tune up kits? I am still having trouble finding points for a 6hp. I have tried here but to no avail. Thanks.

sentinel

Seaman

Quicksilver is a Brand, mainly for propellers, but they do (or did) carry other parts also. Sierra has largely replaced Quicksilver with dealers because they provide a lower cost for the same items.

Your need for points on the 6 HP would likely have a better chance as a separate topic with your model number, year, and manufacturer mentioned. As a general question about 6hp points......no one would have enough basic info. to help you. -Larry

outboardnut

Petty Officer 1st Class

$45 is about what I am finding for one too.