DUH!! trim pump missing 1985 force 85hp

eight tracker

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I've had this boat for oh,about 5years now and i always thought that the trim pump was bad as the motor would tilt fine but never hold in position,
then i started reading posts in this forum {awesome site BTW} so i thuoght i would look into maybe fixing it.To my utter suprise their is no trim pump between the shock and tilt pump!WHAT THE*****!So guess what i need to find one somewhere,cheep; if you know what i mean,also does the hp matter on the trim pump or will any force unit work? HELP!!!

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: DUH!! trim pump missing 1985 force 85hp

You probably have a tilt only pump and cylinder assembly. Otherwise, hydraulic oil would spray out every time you used the motor. Tilt only assembly has either two or three lines from the pump. Tilt/trim has four lines.

To change, you would need a center trim cylinder unit and a four port pump.

By the time you find them, it would be easier to find a complete trim/tilt unit and fit it to the engine.
Any Chrysler or early Force assembly for a 3 or 4 cylinder engine will fit.

OR: You could PM Rritt. He repairs all the tilt/trim assemblies and may have the parts you need.

RRitt

Captain

not me.

saltwater absolutely kills the trim housing. Most other parts are okay. When its all said and done, the number of working systems that I have is exactly equal to the number of working trim rams.

eight tracker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks fellas.You think being in michigan "THE GREAT LAKE STATE" i would be able to find something like this easily enough,NOT! E-bay has some iffy looking units and craigslist does not have a category for boat parts,so,we will keep a deligent lookout for one to pop up somewhere.
tom