1986 Force 85 impeller/water pump kit

Hey guys--

I need a water pump for my 85 horse Force (1986) outboard. I have gotten so much useful info from this board, I wanted to be sure and order it from Iboats. Unfourtunately I cant find my application in the marine store. It jumps over my motor to a newer 90 horse.

Also-- what should I buy? I put the ear muffs on it, fired it up, and I get no water out of the exhaust (trim tab/exhaust combo). Without taking it apart do I buy a complete kit?

Any help is appreciated. Part # or a link--

Thanks!!

gjm

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1986 Force 85 impeller/water pump kit

Try putting the motor in a large plastic tub. Submerging the lower unit up to or past the cavitation plate. Motors are known to act funny on muffs.

john from md

Commander
Re: 1986 Force 85 impeller/water pump kit

After you take the lower off and remove the water pump housing, examine it to see if it is pitted. If it has shallow pits, they can be cleaned up with fine sandpaper. If they are deep or numerous, the housing should be replaced or it will tear up your new impeller.

You can search ebay using chrysler force and you should find a guy who sells the housing and impeller for @ $48. This kit comes with gaskets, housing, impeller and new bolts.

Regards,

John