force 125 hp trim and tilt 2 wire

FISHBGY

Cadet
I need a complete assy. does anybody have one or have the rebuild parts? thanks

RRitt

Captain
Re: force 125 hp trim and tilt 2 wire

You can still buy motors new from almost any dealer. Sierra, Arco, and API are all making them. Most of the other pieces will need to be rebuilt.

If tilt piston rod scraper (the plastic insert at top) is still flexible then you can buy rebuild parts from mercury dealer. If the top scraper is hard or cracking then it will be nearly impossible to have a successful home rebuild. Same thing with Trim cyclinder. If the aluminum retainer is missing from cover then you won't be able to do the repair at home.

Going further, if the trim cover bolts don't come out easily then you should just quit and have someone else do it. If you bust off a bolt then you've probably done more harm than good.

I have all the components rebuilt and sitting on a shelf .... except for tubing. I don't have a complete set of tubes. If you wanted a complete, assembled, and tested system then I would need your old oil tubes in advance. New tubing is an option, but adds delay and cost. I think that I have listings on Ebay for rebuit/exchange. Just search for "rebuilt force tilt". If this doesn't get you what you need, then just PM me and I'll try to point you towards the least expensive (but still reliable) direction.