Chrysler Fuel Pump Numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 part #s the only difference is the prefix at the end anybody have an idea what this means to the part application the #s are 84431-3 which is the number on the fuel pump I Have 84431-2 is a fuel pump I am looking at to replace this any feedback would be greatly appreciated the first pump -3 is from a 1057HC 1971 the -2 is the pump in question.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: Chrysler Fuel Pump Numbers?

Is the part the fuel pump body? If so it is part number FA438431 whos number was replaced to 819843T1. Your motor uses a type 2 fuel pump which was used on Chrysler and Force motors forever.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

The same type of fuel pump was used on Chrysler and Force from 1961 thru around 1995. It has a figure 8 look to it and it worked on all models from 35 HP to 125 HP. My guess is there is aftermarket parts and some may have different part numbers. The one I posted off of Mercury site 819843T1 sells for 43 bucks but shows it is no longer availible. Look here to see what it looks like. Either way I am sure the one you found will work.

antique fisherman 1

Seaman Apprentice

I just purchased a fuel pump kit for a '66 Chrysler 50 hp from IBOATS. The package stated that it fit from 35 - 150 hp models. The kit only contained gaskets (no valves ) and the diaphragm. The IBOATS part # is 18-7806. I don't know if this helps or not.

antique fisherman 1

Seaman Apprentice

The one that I purchased from IBOATS is also a figure 8 shape. The price including shipping to S.C. was $16.02. The shipping was fast even through snail mail.

huskerdaninva

Petty Officer 1st Class

FYI, the three check valves are not included in the fuel pump rebuild kit and must be purchased separately. They are available on Ebay and from Merc dealers and aren't too pricey. Keep in mind that the outer two check valves are pressed in and can be a bit of a chore to remove while the center valve is held in with two small screws. You should have gaskets for the check valves in your kit but I know mine seemed a little too big.
Dan

Landaverde

Recruit

FYI, the three check valves are not included in the fuel pump rebuild kit and must be purchased separately. They are available on Ebay and from Merc dealers and aren't too pricey. Keep in mind that the outer two check valves are pressed in and can be a bit of a chore to remove while the center valve is held in with two small screws. You should have gaskets for the check valves in your kit but I know mine seemed a little too big.
Dan
Any idea where can I get the fuel pump with the valves. I put a new rebuild kit and its just not getting enough fuel. I change the primer and the fuel line and it only has power if I keep pumping the primer.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Landeverde----Perhaps test run with another hose and tank.----Fuel pumps a driven by crankcase PRESSURE pulses.-----So see if there is an issue there.

Status
Not open for further replies.