1995 Regal Rush w/ Sport Jet 90hp. Ignition?

centralkyracer

Recruit
Took my Rush Jet Boat out Saturday, started and was running great then suddenly as if you pulled the kill switch it was done, dead would not refire. After the tow back to the dock I proceeded to find the problem and narrowed it down to an ignition problem since it still wouldn?t fire with starting fluid in the plugs. So my question is what does this problem sound like? Stator? If so were can I get one for my 1995 Sport Jet 90 hp. If anybody could send a pdf of the manual for this motor it would be greatly appreciated.

maxum247

Lieutenant
Re: 1995 Regal Rush w/ Sport Jet 90hp. Ignition?

Before you throw any money at it, assuming this is a Force engine go over all the wiring on the engine and look for and tighten or repair any loose or broken ground wires on the engine. Especially the wires for the cd modules and coils. Also tighten the bolts that mount the ground plate to the engine block. See if that solves the problem.
Check and recheck the wiring and grounds sometime it's can be hard to get them the first time.
If all checks out with the wiring and no problems are found get a manual for your motor and read up on testing the stator or use the search feature at the top of any page and type in something like (Force Stator) or something simular and see what other people have done to correct simular or the same problems! max!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1995 Regal Rush w/ Sport Jet 90hp. Ignition?

Don't know of any pdf manual, they are all copyrighted so you have to buy them.

Sounds like wiring, in the kill switch, neutral switch, or ignition switch.

But if you want to throw money at parts, replace the stator, trigger, coils, switchbox, etc.

You get the idea. Need to narrow it down by eliminating as many potential sources of the problem.
Then troubleshoot it per manual directions.

Start by checking for spark.
Then wiring, loose?, broken? etc.