Carb Part ID for Force 1999 90 HP

JaboWVA

Recruit
HELP!!! I did the thing that most of us do at one time or the other; leave our engine setting with gas in the carbs for too long. (Mine set for 2 yrs) My carbs are Tillotson WB 135A's. The bottom carb is an 854450. I finally managed to find 3 carb rebuild kits. I looked at the carbs and decided the "main nozzle" and the "idle tube" must come out to enable the cleaning process. What a mistake this was. I managed to remove, clean, and reinstall 2 of them but the 3rd one bent and I had to cut it to get it out. Now everywhere I look for a new tube says the diagram for this carb does not show an idle tube, just a main nozzle. In my Clymer manual, the diagram for late model 90 HP carbs does not show an idle tube either. The early model 90 HP does show an idle tube, but I have no idea what the part # of the carb is. I really need to know if anyone has had the same problem and found the part # for the idle tube. I have checked with many local dealers and internet dealers and nobody can help without a part #. The 854450 carb is a discontinued model and if I can't find the idle tube part #, then the only recourse is to buy a new carb. I can do this, but these carbs look so nice and clean now that I have rebuild them, just missing a critical part. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: Carb Part ID for Force 1999 90 HP

Try the marine doctor. He has his own repair site and sells a lot of parts for chrysler and force.