'88 Force 125 Power Trim Control

Speedtek

Cadet
Hi all,

I have a 1988 Bayliner Cuddy with a 125 hp Force OB model 1251X8C engine and power trim/tilt.

The previous owner replaced the throttle and cables with an aftermarket kit. Now I have the power tilt toggle on the dash that works just fine, but there does not seem to be trim control wired into the throttle? I know this is a silly question, but is the trim controlled seperately from the tilt? Or do I need to wire the control up to the trim? If so where is the trim relay? (I'm assuming is a control relay seperate from the tilt?) Would there possibly be a schematic for it somewhere on the web? (I know, I've ordered a manual, but I'm impatient)

Thanks for putting up with my questions *cheesy grin*

rudedude

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: '88 Force 125 Power Trim Control

I belive the tilt and trim wired to the toggle on your dash. Now if I have this right they are the same. When I put my boat on the trailer I run the trim up until it it starts moveing faster then I guess you could call it tilt.

Mine runs fast until it sets on the little plunger dohicki then slowes down to trim the motor out.

If you have a control handel that has the switch in it then you can wire it to operate the trim tilt. Mine is mounted on the dash right now but when I replaced the control box and handel I got one with the little thumb switch in it and all I need to do is move the wires to it.

One thing I know for sure when looking for a morse control, new ones were from 180 to 200 with out the trim in the handel and about 280 to 300 with the handel haveing the trim switch.

I found one on eBay for 35 bucks with the trim in the handel, exact same one the boat came with. Cables came with it.

Speedtek

Cadet

Great, that clears alot up! Thanks! I was not looking forward to running wires etc..

rudedude

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'am glad to be of some help.:D

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Have the same boat...T+T was always on the dash. Its basically a 2 speed...slow tilt until it get to a certain spot, the the tilt cylinders take over to raise it...opposite going down