FORCE MERCURY TRIM AND TILT COMPLETE FROM A 125 HP

force 150 fl

Seaman Apprentice
I have a force 1991 J 150 and wanted to know if I can use this mounting and trim bracket for my force 150 . FORCE MERCURY TRIM AND TILT COMPLETE FROM A 125 HP . My steering locked up and need to replace bracket and cant find one . I sure hate to see this sink it, been running this engine 25 miles offshore for 15 yrs and it's still runs strong an has never left me out there !! Thanks for the input JB

Kajun37

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: FORCE MERCURY TRIM AND TILT COMPLETE FROM A 125 HP

what year is the 125hp tilt and trim? if it close or same...i dont see why not...i have a 1990 120hp...and the 1990 150hp is the same tilt and trim...basically the only difference between the 2 engines is an extra cylinder and maybe a couple extra carbs ..give us the year on the replacement your thinking about getting..

also why would you want to replace the bracket if only the steering if locked up? did the steering tube get bend somehow? or the brackets broke?....if those 2 things didnt happen you just need to unlock the steering rod from the tube if thats the problem.

force 150 fl

Seaman Apprentice
Re: FORCE MERCURY TRIM AND TILT COMPLETE FROM A 125 HP

Thank's Kajun for the input ! The steering is locked up from rust in the king pin shaft , you cant even move the engine with the cable off . The two mounting brackets are split, so I was going to replace them also . I havent tried to get the pin out yet . I looked on line and found that most of the parts are no longer supplied by mercury , the king pin , shaft , or brackets . I also dont know what kind of shape I will leave pin and sleeves in getting them out . any input on getting them out would be a great help! Thanks JB