Wiseco Piston

Dale002

Seaman Apprentice
I just bought two wiseco piston fot my force 90 (sport jet 90) I was comparing the new pistons with the stock pistons and the stock pistons have two large holes about the size of half a dollar on the skirt, While the wiseco do not.
What are this holes for and do I need to have them. this is a sport Jet 90 engine but, I have been told is the same as the force 90. It's a 1994 engine

wbblc87

Cadet
Re: Wiseco Piston

Dale002 said:
I just bought two wiseco piston fot my force 90 (sport jet 90) I was comparing the new pistons with the stock pistons and the stock pistons have two large holes about the size of half a dollar on the skirt, While the wiseco do not.
What are this holes for and do I need to have them. this is a sport Jet 90 engine but, I have been told is the same as the force 90. It's a 1994 engine

this is purely my opinion!!!! Send the wiseco's back and go get the OEM pistons or buy THREE new wiseco's. Don't mix wiseco's with OEM pistons. In 23 years of rebuilding engines I used wiseco's for awhile. I've had to replace most all of them and I won't put them in an engine anymore unless a customer specifically asks for them. And I will not warranty any powerhead that I put them in.

Dale002

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Wiseco Piston

what is the purpose of the holes on the oem pistons