dead mill while cold on force 75 hp 1998

J BLANK

Seaman Apprentice
i noticed last weekend when i started to go out on my potoon boat when i cranked it and let it run while i undock it run for a few and after a dead miss it went dead. i pumped the bulb and cranked it back up and went out stopped and went swimming awhile and it was hard to restart plus it had a one time dead miss and went dead again,i did find a small hole in the carb gas line which i replaced but the bulb seemed to be soft while running is this normal? does anyone know what kind of problem this is. i hope it just that i need a new bulb.

thanks, j blank

goodlife

Cadet
Re: dead mill while cold on force 75 hp 1998

J said:
i noticed last weekend when i started to go out on my potoon boat when i cranked it and let it run while i undock it run for a few and after a dead miss it went dead. i pumped the bulb and cranked it back up and went out stopped and went swimming awhile and it was hard to restart plus it had a one time dead miss and went dead again,i did find a small hole in the carb gas line which i replaced but the bulb seemed to be soft while running is this normal? does anyone know what kind of problem this is. i hope it just that i need a new bulb.

thanks, j blank
sounds like fuelpump going out or air leak at tank fitting