no thermostat temp alarm 92 90HP force

dcar00

Seaman Apprentice
This site has been very helpful. You guys almost have me convinced I can replace the impeller myself:).

have a question. my temp alarm was going off at low rpm 1500 or so, as well as right off the dock and also after sitting for 30 minutes or so. it would sound the alarm for about a minute and then go off. I've had the boat for 10 years and never had this issue until last year.

I had told my mechanic last year to replace the impeller and the thermostat, which I thought he did. well had same issue this year and took off thermostat housing, NO THERMOSTAT. I couldn't tell you if there was in before or not.

Water is coming out the two exhaust ports on the back of the leg in a pretty good stream.

question: could no thermostat(free running water) be the cause of overtemp alarm at low rpm or just after start up?

alternatively, I am putting in a water pressure gauge.

If I see water pressure at low RPM to be about 7-8psi, (15psi at WOT)and water is coming out the 2 leg ports does it matter if my overheat alarm is going off?

I did check the temp sensor and it works correctly.

bummer is that it looks to me that the temp sensor(on the head) can only be replaced by taking the head off on this motor. unless someone can tell me another way to do it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

VenoMystic96

Cadet
Re: no thermostat temp alarm 92 90HP force

I too am curious to find out more abou this as I am having the same problem???

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: no thermostat temp alarm 92 90HP force

There were several responses to this question a week ago.

Looks like the computer bugs erased them.