69 Chrysler oil question

Ghost Rider 2

Seaman
I have a neighbor that just bought a 9.9 hp 1969 Chrysler. He ask about the oil ratio. Is it 24 or 50 to 1? I told him to either run it at 24 to 1 on the first tank or find out for sure before he started it. Any help? thanks

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: 69 Chrysler oil question

You will need to find out if it is water or air cooled. If it is water cooled it will be 50 to 1.

The Hootmon

Recruit

Hello, I am new to this forum and thought this was the most appropriate place to post this question. I just acquired a 1969 Sea King motor. It is a 6 hp with a model # of VWB29906A. This would make it a motor produced by Chrysler, as my understanding is that all model #'s beginning with VWB were built by Chrysler.
Besides any info that any one can share with me about this motor, I am most interested to know if the 24:1 mix ratio is best for this motor, or if I should use something different? Also, what kind of oil should I use? Thanks,

noah4009

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello, I am new to this forum and thought this was the most appropriate place to post this question. I just acquired a 1969 Sea King motor. It is a 6 hp with a model # of VWB29906A. This would make it a motor produced by Chrysler, as my understanding is that all model #'s beginning with VWB were built by Chrysler.
Besides any info that any one can share with me about this motor, I am most interested to know if the 24:1 mix ratio is best for this motor, or if I should use something different? Also, what kind of oil should I use? Thanks,

Start a new thread and you will find you get more responces. When you start a new thread and people check the beginning page your question will show up first and someone with the knowledge you need will answer. Just some advice.
Good luck