88' , 85HP Force tilt/trim dead

CoreyM.

Cadet
Hello to all!! (first post),<br /><br />I have an 88' bayliner capri1750 w/ a 85hp force (outboard). When I tried to run the tilt/trim the motor I could hear it trying to run then stopped and now I get nothing. I made sure the battery had a good charge, but every time I try to run the t/t it trips the breaker inside the motor compartment.should i be checking my relays or a solenoid??? please help!! And thank you in advance!

RRitt

Captain
Re: 88' , 85HP Force tilt/trim dead

can we assume that there's fluid in resevoir?<br /><br />is it rusty? maybe you can get lucky and it's just a piece of rust stuck in motor. whack it gently but firmly and hope that it's just one lonesome piece of rust that was stuck in the perfectly wrong spot. it's a long shot but beats heck out of needing a new motor.<br /><br />just don't get tempted and take apart the valve pump. it's a pandora's box for most people. if you do anything try to keep it minimally invasive. for example, if you determine that you need a new motor then drop the four screws out bottom and leave the valve pump connected to the oil lines. put a baggie around it and leave it on boat. there's n way to strip threads if you don't unscrew them. and always use new o-rings when reassembling.