Will Force Binacle Control Cables Work On A Merc?

biloxiriver

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 120 Force on a deck boat and am thinking about upgrading to a 150 hp merc. Will the merc hook up to the force controls? :confused:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Will Force Binacle Control Cables Work On A Merc?

Not sure on the controls and wiring harness, sorry, think it will depend on the year of both motors.<br /><br />But more importantly, WELCOME BACK to iboats !!!!<br /><br />I don't think I have seen you post since Katrina.<br /><br />Glad you made it. Hope things are getting better down there.<br />News is sketchy but we get some info thru the church, which has been sending crews down to help every couple of weeks.<br /><br />You better stop over at Dockside Chat and say hi, if you haven't already. Rodbolt and friends hang out over there, and he should be able to answer your controls question, too.

biloxiriver

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Will Force Binacle Control Cables Work On A Merc?

Thanks for the contact, I will drop over to Dockside and say hi. Katrina did kick us pretty hard we got about 3 ft of water in the our house here on the river; my finish floor is at + 16.3', so the surge was about 20' here which is about 3 miles inland and north of I-10. Anyway, my wife and I are doing most of the work ourselves and have most sheetrock up and even carpet in 2 rooms. We should be done in a few more months and at least we have a house to rebuild unlike many of the folks we know. Thanks for the concern.