Chrysler 140 powerhead removal

blackmouthl99

Recruit
Hi all, I'm parting out the Chrysler and was trying to remove the powerhead. Most everything came off easily as it had low hours (50)before it seized again(rotten foam in cover fell onto flyweel and was inhaled, something nobody thought about). Anyway, I believe I've removed all the bolts/nuts holding the powerhead on(including the center one in the rear that I missed) and still won't budge. I was under the impression that all the 9/16" bolts/nuts at the base were the only thing holding the thing on. Anyone need parts?..Sincerely Tom

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: Chrysler 140 powerhead removal

Have you tried removing the lower unit? If this has not been done for a long time it could be siezed up to the powerhead causing your problem. If there is an air baffle there might be a screw or two there holding onto the powerhead. That is the case on the 45 and 55 hps. Good luck and welcome to Iboats

blackmouthl99

Recruit
Re: Chrysler 140 powerhead removal

If the air baffle is the thing with the 4 small bolts in front of motor(holding cowling in place...got it. I gave my manual to a guy after the motor blew up as we were planning a sort of ceremonial cremation event, but decided I'd try and recycle what I could. Will try the lower unit thing....Thanks Tom