1990 Force 120 Wire

buroczi

Recruit
I was wondering if anyone knows how the wires go on the terminal block ( in what order ) I have the manual but it isn't very clear on the coloring. I had them marked but with all the rain it faded out. Also does anyone know where the two black with yellow stripped wires comming off of the coil packs connects to? Any help at all would help. Thanks. Please email me.<br /><br /> Nburoczi@msn.com

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1990 Force 120 Wire

ok, you have the Prestolite ignition,, correct?<br />It has 2 cd boxes, and 4 coils?<br /><br />You are wondering about the black/yelo wires coming off the cd box?<br /><br />On the main terminal strip, from top to bottom on the wire harness side:<br /><br />yelo or yelo/red<br />pruple or grey<br />****white or black/yelo ****<br />green or yelo/blk<br />orange or tan<br />red<br />blue or blue/blk<br />Black<br /><br />Your 2 wires coming from the cd box, connect to the third terminal, It should connect to the white or black/yelo wire in the harness.<br /><br />This wire is used to ground out the ignition when you turn the key off.<br /><br />There is an excellent wiring diagram for your motor in the Clymer manual, page 598.<br /><br />Good luck, happy boating.

buroczi

Recruit

Great thanks. The 2 wires comming off of the cd box aren't long enough to reach to the other side of the motor. Any suggestions?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Splice them together and extend with a third wire. <br /><br />Use crimp connectors, or crimp "rings" onto them, and use a small bolt to hold them together. Use shrink tubing over the splice to keep it dry and together.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Splice them together and extend with a third wire. <br /><br />Use crimp connectors, or crimp "rings" onto them, and use a small bolt to hold them together. Use shrink tubing over the splice to keep it dry and together.

buroczi

Recruit

OK but they have ends on them like they went to something on that side of the motor.?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Do they have ring ends on them, or plug in type bullet connectors?<br />If bullet connectors, maybe they had a small jumper harness that they plugged into, that was connected to the terminal strip.<br /><br />Don't know what else to tell you, just checked 2 different manuals, both show the say thing.<br /><br />??