The right spark plug (Force 50 hp)

zlrh11

Cadet
I recently bought a used pontoon boat with a '99 Force 50 hp. I added a new Eagle depth finder and have an issue with the depth flashing and not updating at moderate to higher speeds. One suggestion by the Eagle technician was to check the spark plugs to be sure they were RESISTOR type. I should note that there is currently NO radio interference.<br /><br />The motor has Champion LV76 plugs in it now, and I'm not sure of the type. They needed replacing anyway, so I went to the internet and found Champion 5898 listed, and the cross reference was AutoLite 2852. I bought the Autolite at the local parts store (didn't have the Champions), but they were not sure if the 2852 were resistor type, although they look exactly like the LV76.<br /><br />Does the '99 Force 50 hp have CDI, because Champion says """Do not use a "regular" resistor type plug on a motor with this type of Capacitive Discharge Ignition as this will cause misfire and poor performance. Rather, make sure to use a plug with an inductive type resistor (such as a Champion Q-type resistor)""". Is this the right plug for the Force 50?