PLUG WIRE IGNITION COIL 1998 120HP FORCE

lukethorwart

Cadet
1998 FORCE OUTBOARD 120HP <br /><br /><br />I noticed that at "full throttle" I was only getting about about 4000 rpm's and max rpms is about 5250. What I found was that one of the spark plug wires that runs from the plug to the ignition coil had pulled loose and actually out of the ignition coil pack. It was the bottom spark plug wire. <br /><br />I guess I was still running OK back to the dock, but just on 3 cylinders and I am making the conclusion that it was why I was only getting about three quarters of the power I would usually get. <br /><br />It looks like there is a screw holding the wire into the ignition pack and the bottom wire just pulled out of the pack. <br /><br />I am wondering what my options are for repair/replacement. Any insight as to what you think might be my best option (replacement parts, etc)? Is the entire piece from the ignition coil to the spark plug cap one installation? <br /><br />Will I have to do any retuning if I just replace the part since i was only running on three cylinders to get back to the dock?<br /><br />Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: PLUG WIRE IGNITION COIL 1998 120HP FORCE

I believe the wire is sold separatly on that one. A mercury dealer will have the answer, and the part(s).