Napa fuel pump and carb kits for Chrysler 70 h.p.

thedude7803

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 1971 70 hp Chrysler model 706HD serial number 4159. I am looking for the Napa part numbers for the fuel pump and carb kits. Also, does the carb. kit include everything for all three carb.'s, or do I need to buy three of them? Are these two rebuilds relatively easy (I am not overly savvy)?<br /><br />Thanks for any help you can provide.

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Napa fuel pump and carb kits for Chrysler 70 h.p.

You need to buy three kits. Yes, it fairly easy to rebuild them and the NAPA kits come with good instructions. You're going to have to go by carb PN. I would assume you have a Tillotson WB series carb. It's marked on the flange at the reed valve intake.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Carb kit number is 18-7037 and the fuel pump kit is 18-7806. The carbs should be done one at a time. I believe each carb is slightly different so you do not want to mix them up. The kits are generic and come with instructions. The fuel pump is easy if you are only doing the fuel pump rebuild kit. The kit will come with gaskets for the fuel seats which you should not use. First off the gaskets are the wrong size and second two of the fuel seats are press fit and almost impossible to get out without breaking. For the pump just replace the diaphram, gasket, strainer screen and the fuel pump bowl gasket. Check the seats closely to make sure the springs still work and verify there is no wear. You can buy these seats and the gaskets for them for about 5 bucks per seat and fifty cents for the correct gaskets.

thedude7803

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks a lot guys. As always, I greatly appreciate the help.