Trophy, 150 hp Force OB temp alarm

wrinspect

Cadet
Took my new (used) 1992 20' Bayliner Trophy, 150 hp Force OB boat out yesterday at a local lake (Lake Elsinore) for her maiden voyage, seemed to run fine except after a few miles I did some slalom type steering, the under dash alarm came on, (coolant temp?) shut her down and the alarm kept sounding when I turned the key to the on position, waited @10 mins and it didn't sound, drove around at moderate rpms for awhile, then cruised around at 4000 rpms for several more miles then later on it did it again, shut her down etc. Ran around the lake a few more times, no problems. Loaded her up and headed for home. Seems to be plenty of coolant water coming out the tell tale holes. What do you guys think? Anybody know the correct prop pitch for this boat? Bill

oogaboga

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Trophy, 150 hp Force OB temp alarm

check your temp.sender at the motor and make sure its not gone bad.

mbb

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trophy, 150 hp Force OB temp alarm

I had a 91 with the 150 force once. <br />The 150 force only puts out about 135 hp on a good day. the gearcase is small also, and only takes a 13.25" prop, which is too small for the boat. I had a 13.25x17 ss three blade, topped out at 38-39 mph, but holeshot was awful. In swells there were times i couldnt get on plane, so I got rid of the boat. Go for a 4 blade prop if you can find one that fits, and get maximum holeshot. You will have to give up some on the top end.