1989 Force 125 Serial number

Rmac

Seaman Apprentice
What's going fella's? Here's the problem I've got a 1989 force 125 , I need a water pump kit but I have no serial number on the data plate. I've tried the search function , but no luck. Every place I look for a water pump kit it tells me that there are 2 available. 1 for a 125 A,B,C and 1 for a 125 D,E. One says 2 peice drive shaft and the other says 1 peice. Any help would be appreciated, thanks<br /><br /><br />Richard

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1989 Force 125 Serial number

I believe those older Force motors were identified by the model number, not the serial number. The only place the number appeared is on the id plate.<br /><br />I would drop the lower unit and see if you have a one piece or two piece driveshaft.

Rmac

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks roscoe,,, i knew it would come down to that but it has to be done<br /><br /><br />Richard

Chris_NJ

Cadet

Originally posted by Rmac:<br /> What's going fella's? Here's the problem I've got a 1989 force 125 , I need a water pump kit but I have no serial number on the data plate. I've tried the search function , but no luck. Every place I look for a water pump kit it tells me that there are 2 available. 1 for a 125 A,B,C and 1 for a 125 D,E. One says 2 peice drive shaft and the other says 1 peice. Any help would be appreciated, thanks<br /><br />If you can't find it e-mail me. I just bought one so I will elimite one number for you. I do know that the 1 piece shaft had the large pump.<br /><br />Richard

Chris_NJ

Cadet

Oh no I got that backwards. The 2 piece shaft has the larger pump.<br /><br />
Originally posted by Rmac:<br /> What's going fella's? Here's the problem I've got a 1989 force 125 , I need a water pump kit but I have no serial number on the data plate. I've tried the search function , but no luck. Every place I look for a water pump kit it tells me that there are 2 available. 1 for a 125 A,B,C and 1 for a 125 D,E. One says 2 peice drive shaft and the other says 1 peice. Any help would be appreciated, thanks<br /><br /><br />Richard