FORCE GROUND WIRE PROBLEMS

diegojones

Cadet
Alright, replaced key switch found out it was not bad. I think it is something with the ground wires from installing new powerhead. Again boat starts but dies when key is released. Are there any grounds wires that may cause this if they are not grounded on the right part of the block/powerhead? There was one wire that was on soleniod that mechanic said could be hooked up if wanted but was not needed when I replaced soleniod that had cracked with one he said was self grounding?. I hooked up and it burnt up so i guess it was definitely not needed but now wont stay running. But would run before that. Please help, the lake is up!<br /><br />see below<br /><br />Replaced powerhead after trying for hours to start force found blown block from fualty bearing.Tried to start for hours and several batteries worth Anyway, motor now starts and runs well but only with key turned to start. When I release the key it dies instantly, is this a bad inginition/key switch or something else. Did I burn something up in the key switch possibly? Power trim is dead also, related? Please help.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: FORCE GROUND WIRE PROBLEMS

Check the wiring to the rectifier, and make sure they aren't reversed. Usually, this will fry the rectifier. But disconnecting the kill circuit by removing the kill wire (black wire with a yellow stripe) at the motor, will rule-out everything of the motor that could shut it down ignition-wise.<br />If you have this wire disconnected and taped-off, nothing off the motor will ground out the ignition.

diegojones

Cadet
Re: FORCE GROUND WIRE PROBLEMS

I will check it out and see. Is it possible this now fried wire has ruined the rectifier???