Force 50hp 1987 part missing

backen

Recruit
Hi <br /><br />I have bought a 15fot Bayliner with a 50hp force engine.<br /><br />Under the trimplate (above the propeller) is a 7"x1" hole that I guess one time has been covered with a plate of some kind, this is missing.<br />I cant find any information on what to look for when looking for used or new parts.<br />Someone suggested that the plate had a fin on it and was made of Zink.<br />Does anyone know what has been there?<br /><br />//Mikael

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force 50hp 1987 part missing

The part you are missing is the "exhaust snout".<br /><br />Sort of a tail pipe.<br />It also directs the exhaust away from the propeller to prevent ventilation.<br /><br />Side view:<br />
f9997c55.jpg
<br /><br />Top view:<br />
f9997c3d.jpg
<br /><br />You might be able to get one at a Mercury dealer.

backen

Recruit
Re: Force 50hp 1987 part missing

Hi your images is not showing up, imagestation seams to be down.<br />Could you plaese send the images to mikaelbacklund@hotmail.com<br /><br />alcan you got mail.<br /><br />Ok so the part had a more important function then I thought. <br /><br />Force seems to be a fairly unusual boat engine here i sweden.<br /><br />I bought the boat without a chance to test run the engine so lets hope the seller did not blow me of. (Hard to testrun when temperature was -20 C) :)