Removal of Cable on Force 120 - 95 Model

Macario

Recruit
I released the motor fron the steering tube and the engine moves freely. I can't release the cable from the steering tube on the motor. The steering tube is in the out position and I can't make it release and go in. What is my next step? I sprayed penetrating oil into the steering tube and greased it also. Nothing works. The steering wheel won't move either.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Removal of Cable on Force 120 - 95 Model

Dissconnect cable if possible.<br />More penetrating oil.<br />A little heat.<br />Might want to try removing the grease zirk (sp) fittings.<br />Try to drive the tube back with a block of wood and a hammer.<br />Make sure you don't peen over the end of the tube.<br />Gonna have to get it apart and cleaned out.<br /><br />Also check the cable along the entire route from motor to helm. Make sure it has not been kinked or that the plastic outer sleeve is not worn thru, causing the cable to bind.

Macario

Recruit
Re: Removal of Cable on Force 120 - 95 Model

I have tried to drive the arm back into the tube but unsuccessful. I tried the heat and penetrating oil, removed the grease insert. I took a nut from one end off and tried ti push the whole tube out but don't have enough room to work with. the cable is fine. The only problem I see is the trying to get the arm back into the tube. :confused: