Need overheat buzzer info,,1989 Force 85 Hp.

mrtool2u

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1989 force 85 hp that I want to hook up a overheat buzzer to.There is currently no buzzer on boat.Is there a way to test the sensor,,ohm's check,,etc.What kind of buzzer is Ok to use.Is this just a simple 12 volt circuit with the sensor completing the circuit when it overheat's.How tough is it to pull out the sensor,,it looks like just a snapring holding it in.Thanks for any and all info.

AtlDawg

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Need overheat buzzer info,,1989 Force 85 Hp.

Don't know about your specific engine but my Chrysler 70 temp sender shorts to ground when engine overheats. A 12 volt pos wire goes to buzzer from accessary terminal when key is on and the ground from engine completes the circuit. The sender can be checked in hot oil. I don't know if you can get water hot enough to test it. I bet one of the masters here would know a way to test the sender. Good luck.

mrtool2u

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I need to find out what kind of buzzer that I need to use,,and if it is a simple task to take out the sending unit. It looks a little rusty,and like it is in a rubber grommet.

force01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mrtool,<br />I have the overheat warning alarm you need in stock and i also have the temp sensor in stock that you might need. remove your temp sensor from your head hook a ohm meter ground to the metal sensor that goes inside the head and positive to the wire put it in a pot of water with a thermometer and see what temp it goes off at. your meter will show continuity or buzz. good luck, bret i can help you with anything you need for your motor. forceparts@yahoo.com