85 force could it be the primer bulb?????????

dpmphto

Cadet
I have had my boat out 3 times this year 1st time out ran perfect 2nd time ran fine until i shut it off and tried to restart, but after finally getting it started it ran fine.third time out started hard but ran fine once going, shut boat off did some drifting restarted and went about a hundred yards before it stalled out,barely got it started without killing the battery however after i got it going it ran fine. when pumping primer bulb it wouldnt stay firm, however after the boat was out of the water the bulb is now staying firm.someone please help me from the mind games this motor seems to be playing with me.the vent is not blocked and I dont think it would run fine with a bad fuel pump,any suggestions would greatly be appreciated(maybe a pinhole leak in a hose or the ball??????)

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 85 force could it be the primer bulb?????????

dpmphto it could be the primer bulb on my set up I change the bulb and fuel lines every two year cost is about $15.00 bucks don't forget new clamps

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: 85 force could it be the primer bulb?????????

Do you close your vent screw when you are not using your boat. I forgot to do this a couple of times and am having similar problems because of water in my gas. I just did the whole fuel system rebuild and hose replacement and the motor ran great the first two times out. However leaving the vent open for two weeks with high humidity caused me a lot of grief. Got new gas and drained old gas from carb and fuel pump and it runs great and my Chrysler is 36 years old.