87 50 hp Force overheat buzzer

John5421

Cadet
I have made a previous post on a water pump issue. I had overheated my engine because the impeller drive pin broke. I have gotten everything fixed. And my motor seems to be running good in the barrel. But after reading some other posts on overheat buzzers. I curious to see if I had one. And what do you know, I do. I found it under my dash and it was connected to the ignition and the overheat wire (orange). I cut it out and tested it on a battery and it buzzed so it does work. But when my engine overheated it never went off. I found a connection to the buzzer loose and the connection to the terminal block loose so I'm gussing that's why it never went off. But heres my question I connected it all back to together and turned the ignition to on and took a another piece of wire and grounded it at the terminal block and it buzzed. But is there a possiblity that the sensor went bad when it overheated and how do you go about a taking out the sensor its on the bottom of my head. And i just got done changing the head gasket and don't want to have to take it all part again and buy another gasket. Is there any other way to test the sensor without having to do that? I know that there is some kind of thin metal that when it gets hot it closes of the current and the buzzer goes off. Can that go bad if it gets too hot?