Force 150 Power Trim/Snaps Trim Cylinder Bolts

coachp

Recruit
I recently purchased a 1992 Force 150. It had a brand new power Trim/Tilt pump and motor installed. The problem is that after raising and lowering the motor several times the 5 stainless bolts on the trim cyl. cap snap of when the motor reaches the top of the tilt. Mercury says the pump/motor should not create that much pressure. Apparently they haven't seen mine. Can anyone help, there aren't many experts around this part of the county.<br /><br />Thanks <br />Larry

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: Force 150 Power Trim/Snaps Trim Cylinder Bolts

You could be using the wrong bolts, or the pressure releif valve is stuck or dirty. I did not think that the electical motor had enough power to break the bolts.

coachp

Recruit

Well I agree they could have been the wrong bolts but the first set that snapped were the factory bolts and so we replaced them 3 times now. I haven't torn into the pump yet because the boat shop in Casper(50 miles away said it was a sealed unit and unservicable. So were waiting to hear once more from mercury.

clanton

Rear Admiral

You have photos? You said motor was new to you. The T/T system is not sealed. Do you have a manual and does T/T match manual?

coachp

Recruit

No photos yet. However the boat dealer that installed the new T/T system did say that it was an upgraded system, so newer style than what was on it originally. Manual is ordered and on the way.

clanton

Rear Admiral

The 94 Force manual shows same as 125 except for pump and motor. I would look for incorrect installation.