89'Force 125 dead cylinder

dogboy8

Seaman Apprentice
Just put the boat in the water after changing the water pump and head gasket. It would try to run right (sort of surging from time to time), but performed badly. Brought it home checked the plugs, and the #4 plug was super clean #3 was a little brown, and the top 2 looked normal (for about 1 hours use) compression checks out okay. I overheated a couple of weeks ago, which is why I did the pump and head gasket. Any clues??? The spark on #4 does not seem as strong as that of the other cylinders, but other than that, I can't see any other problem, Thanks a million, Greg

jhfishfinder

Recruit
Re: 89'Force 125 dead cylinder

I have an 1987 125 force, once had a similar problem, check out the power pack for those two cylinders, I'm parting mine out. jh

speedwrench

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If spark is good, check reeds. May have a bad one on that cyl.

dogboy8

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the input. More info, after closer inspection, it looks like the bottom 2 are not firing (tips look almost brand new)??

dogboy8

Seaman Apprentice

Here is a question, What could I have fried when I overheated this engine that would cause the 2 bottom cylinders not to fire. I don't think it's electical. <br />Thanks a million<br />Greg