chrysler fuel problem 135 hp

jonesiej

Cadet
i have put on new, fuel pump, fuel line, cleaned carbs and tank, vent, new primer bulb and still cannot get enough gas to get it started and if i do get it started i have to prime the carbs and keep pumping the ball and if i dont the ball goes flat and it dies.....any help the motor is also a 1976 :confused:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: chrysler fuel problem 135 hp

The fuel pump uses compression to operate it.<br />Compression also draws-in fuel, and expells exaust. Without it, motor can't breathe. Run compression test.<br />By going flat, do you mean the bulb collapses? If so, try loosening the gas cap. If the problem goes away, the vent is clogged. If not, the fuel pickup is absolutely blocked before it gets to the bulb (between bulb and bottom of the gas tank pickup.

jonesiej

Cadet

yeah the bulb collapses and i can take off the vent hose and blow into it and it pushes gas out the fuel line......the compression is also up to specs according to the manual also.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

When the bulb collapses it is normally a tank venting problem...if it just gets soft then it could be a fuel filter or fuel pump problem...I am assuming you have 3/8" fuel line...that gas hog needs a good sized fuel line...you might try starting it with the vent hose disconnected...you need to have the choke working properly to start that motor...just some more Thoughts