Force 70 year 1992

reho5

Recruit
I'm looking for a boat and there is one used Bayliner for sale but it comes with Force 70 year -92. That's not too common motor around here. Any spare part dealer in Europe? What should I check from the engine or should I forget that boat? Any comments about Force outboards would be nice! :confused:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force 70 year 1992

If you can't find parts and service locally, then forget both the Force and the Bayliner.

cinder1995

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Force 70 year 1992

I have a Bayliner with a Force. Make yourself familiar with the motor and you can buy all the parts over the internet. At least that's what I do. Most of the problems people have with Force motors can be fixed yourself.

timecheck

Recruit
50 hp force motor

50 hp force motor

I have a 50hp force motor.. the bearing right beneath the flywheel is bad.. how hard is it to replace this myself? Do i have to split the case?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 50 hp force motor

Re: 50 hp force motor

While It runs very well and the 3 cylinder Force 70 HP block is the same as most other Force engines, that is about the only thing it has in common. At this point, you being in Europe and parts difficult to find, I would recommend against buying this particular boat and engine combination.