Need torque spec on head bolts of a force 120. 97 year. HELP

som93

Recruit
I had two head bolts fall out of my engine. They were snapped in halp. I think I'm going to get away with a new gasket and bolts but don't know what the torque pattern and settings are. What I am confused about is why Force uses type 5 bolts instead of type 8. Over half of the bolts that I pulled seemed to have a little bend in them. ANY HELP???<br /><br />Reese

Steve135

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need torque spec on head bolts of a force 120. 97 year. HELP

hi Not enough info is the motor an l- drive or After c model?<br />Any way here the just of it.<br /> Head bolts are torqued at 225 inche lbs 25.4 metric.<br /> The torque pattern is starting at the top t-stat up.<br /> right side.( draw a picture of the head )<br /> 18,14,10,6,2,3,7,,11,15.<br /> the left 17,13,9,5,1,4,8,12,16.

som93

Recruit

Thanks for the reply,<br /><br />I'm not sure what I drive or after c is. And could you elaborate of what or where the t-slot is too. the head looks like:<br /> -. .<br /> . O .<br /> -. .<br /> . O .<br /> -. .<br /> . O .<br /> -. .<br /> . O .<br /> -. .

Steve135

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi i didn't write T-slot I wrote T-Stat Meaning Thermostat. Thats the top in my referance. Should be a squar/ retangle hole. i think also the spark plugs are more to the right as you look at it.Next to the third bolt down on the left side sould be a wire from the temp sensor that would be the left side.<br />steve