1989 Force 125 HP Telltale Weeper? Flow?

WildWillJAX

Seaman Apprentice
Can someone tell me if the 89/125 Farce has a tell tale weeper (pee) hole outlet to indicate water flow thru the power head. If so, what is it's location?<br />The only outlet that I can confirm (other than thru the prop) are two 3/4 inch holes side by side located on the Intermediate housing center line half way down the housing.<br />Is it abnormal NOT to have a flow of water from these ports when operating using flushing muffs at lower RPM's?<br />Thanx a zillion

CBU

Cadet
Re: 1989 Force 125 HP Telltale Weeper? Flow?

WildWillJax:<br /> You can find a slotted pipe plug in recessed area at very top of cyl. head(above thermo.)Some past posters mention converting this outlet to telltale or using as conector for guage(temp or pressure).Yes its true,those powerflow holes you noticed are only going to spray/sputter-its normal.

hornetswarm

Seaman Apprentice

Wildwill, I have a force 1989 L drive 125 HP. When engine gets to full operating temp for me, water will exit from the exhaust portion as well as right next to the bellows. Either way you can not see the water flow when the boat is in the water. I have done what CBU suggest and tapped into the thermostat and added a tell tale sign that I have good water flow to the thermostat. A 10 dollar investment for a motor....well worth it.

mdutilly

Recruit

Folks
Wondering if the square plug you mention is a plastic plug right in front of the thermostat on the top of head? I have a 1994 Force 120 outboard and it seems hard to get out because it is plastic, is it threaded and normal thread to remove counterclockwise?

Thanks again