temp guage on 1993 120 force

tntony

Cadet
Hello everyone:<br /> <br /> I have a 120 force on my 1993 pontoon boat<br /> and it has a newly rebuilt power head i would<br /> like to install a temp guage on the dash so i<br /> can keep a eye on the temp where do i install<br /> the temp sending unit. my overheat buzzer works<br /> good but i would like to see the temp a little<br /> closer. thanks to all for the help you will give

revertmastec

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: temp guage on 1993 120 force

At the top of the head see if you have a plug. Lots of times you can unscrew this and install a temp sender there. If not do what I did they make a "z" braket that slips under one of the head bolts and the sender, screws into the other end and becomes a contact sensor. Just make sure you mount it by the hottest cylinder and scratch the paint off to get a good contact.

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer

TONY WHAT I DID ON MY 120 FORCE WAS TO INSTALL A SURFACE TEMP. SENDING UNIT THAT READS SURFACE TEMP.GOES RIGHT ON THE HEAD AND HOOKS UP TO A REGULAR TEMP. GAUGE MY ENGINE ALLWAYS RAN AT 110 DEGREES IT WAS GREAT WHEN RUNNING FULL THROTLE JUST LOOK AT THE GAUGE INSTEAD OF THAT HORN BUZZER WHICH WAS A PAIN IN THE BUTT. :) :)

tntony

Cadet

thanks to both you boaters for the advice i didnt know if the sensor needed to be in water or not thanks very much