Stator problem on Force 125 hp.

DD214

Cadet
I was having problems with the firing on my 125 Force. After going through all steps to syncronize and time the ignition, the problem still existed. After checking the coils and modules,I found a burnt/broken wire on the stator. A spot between two of the small coils,on the stator, has burnt both coils on the inside. Would the trigger automaticaly be bad? Is there any way to test the trigger? Can you tell me where to find a new stator on an online source? <br /><br />PS. The burnt wire has broken away from the stator.

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: Stator problem on Force 125 hp.

WWW.Rapair .com for stator, I think there sites list dealer, they may sell retail from site. You did not say what year, and may need to know if blue pack and coil or black pack and coil. Timer should be ok, check with meter. How may 214s have you typed?

DD214

Cadet

Clanton;<br /><br /> I have only typed one other. Listed as "Timing for 125". Here are the specs; model#1258F6A, serial#1253 US Marine 1987. I have finaly found and purchased a shop manual which led me through to the stator prob. after setting evrything else. Any more info will be much appreciated.

DD214

Cadet

Call me slow but I just realized your question about the 214's. I never typed any but got one from the Marine Corps.

DD214

Cadet

I forgot to include the color of the modules and coils. Black is the color of the modules and coils. When I was going through some of my own tests,the #3 & #4 plugs were not firing. Thought that the coils or modules might be the problem,so I swaped the quick connect plugs from the stator and trigger. The plugs going to the first module,I sent to the socond module and vise versa. The #3 & #4 plugs started firing without any hesitation. I am hoping that the stator is the only problem.

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer

IF YOU SWAP THE STATOR WIRE AND ON THE MODULAR OR C-D AND 3 @ 4 CYLINDER START TO FIRE AND 1 @ 2 CYLINDERS WON'T FIRE IT IS THE STATOR.TRY www.seilermarine.com for parts

DD214

Cadet

I appreciate the confirmation on the stator. I did try (seilermarine.com) and a few other sites that I had found. Noone has been able to find one. I have found a shop localy that will order it for me. It is supposed to be in on 7-12. Thanks again for all of the help and all the advise.

happyzee

Seaman Apprentice

For Force parts I use:<br />www.dougrussell.com<br /><br />Really good online approuch to displaying part breakdowns and pricing.