Force 15Hp 1995 (steering question)

Tom Sambuco

Recruit
Purchased boat and motor recently. Motor does not turn right or left. Wondering if there is some kind of locking mechanism that prevents the engine from turning. Tried the steering adjustment screw already with no luck. Would really aprreciate some help.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Tom

notools

Recruit
Re: Force 15Hp 1995 (steering question)

Purchased boat and motor recently. Motor does not turn right or left. Wondering if there is some kind of locking mechanism that prevents the engine from turning. Tried the steering adjustment screw already with no luck. Would really aprreciate some help.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Tom

Hi. I purchased my first boat last week, with 15hp Force outboard. I had the same problem itinially, until I managed to screw back the tension screw and achieved movement. My fear initially was the pivot mechanism was ceased. Don't know how much you have adjusted the screw, you could try spraying some crc/wd40 in the screw hole and joints, if you haven't already. Best of luck.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Probably needs a bit of heat,small propane torch on the mid section?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

He might have gotten this fixed already, seeing as the thread is almost 11 years old.