125 Force overheat again

os5408

Recruit
OK, I have read all the posts about my 1988 125 Force overheating. I tried all the tricks, replaced waterpump, housing, impeller, thermo, and head gasket. I tried to replace the overpressure switch but there is not one. There is a hole where there should be one but it's plugged from the factory. Can anybody give me any further help? I have the head off right now and I was thinking of new rings but I still do not know why it was overheating, I could not keep my hand on this motor for more than a couple of seconds so I know it did overheat. Thanks for all the great info you guys put out on this site.

revertmastec

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 125 Force overheat again

When you had the lower end off did you hook a garden hose to the water tube and make sure the water passages are not blocked. Do this with the thermostat out. If you have not, do this first to make sure it is clean.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: 125 Force overheat again

How did the water channels around the cylinder walls look under the head? Any white stuff in them? If so, it will be behind the exaust port plate also. Outside of that, backflush the entire system with the garden hose, to make sure any parts of the old impeller are not still inside the cooling circuit...I found a muddawber's nest in mine once, no kidding. :rolleyes: <br /><br />I've found WD40 breaks-up that white corrosion and salt buildup ,so that might help on your cooling system too.