1990 Force 90 hp no start

imakehp

Cadet
I have a Bayliner Capri w/ a 90 hp 3 cylinder Force engine. It will not <br />start unless I spray starting fluid into the carbs. Even that is starting <br />to not work now though. I've checked and the chokes do move <br />when I turn the key to start. It seems to get a good spark when I <br />hold the spark plug wire 1/4" from a ground and crank the motor.<br /> Also the starter bendix is now kicking out before it starts do to <br />having to crank the motor so long. I need to get a rebuilt starter<br />or have this one rebuilt. Any recomendations on who does these? <br />I'm in So. California if some one knows of a rebuilder for the starter <br />or knows of a guy who works on these Force 2-strokes near me for<br /> the hard starting problem. Thanks for ANY help.

sony2001

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1990 Force 90 hp no start

Do the choke plates close down all the way? That starting fluid is very hard on the head gasket and there isn't anything in it to lubricate the metal on metal. Do a compression check and if ok then decarbonize. Switch to a premix in a hand pump aerosol. Thats what I need for the first start on a 125 Force :cool:

imakehp

Cadet

Should the chokes shut off the port completely ?? And what do you mean by "de-carbonize" ? Thanks, Dave

my new fishmaster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds like fuel starvation do a search. Then if no avail electrical.