1989 Force 125- No Spark help!

brmoore

Cadet
Today, I was using the cigarette lighter to blow up a tube. I had the engine running while I was doing this. All of the sudden the motor stalled. I turned off the tube inflator and went to restart. But it wouldnt turn over. I checked the battery and the negative terminal was very very hot. I let it cool and went to start it again, but still had no luck. i dont think it is getting any spark. I hear the fuel pump working but it wont fire. Please help! I cant see anything wrong like disconnected wires or blown fuses. Thanks in advance.

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1989 Force 125- No Spark help!

DID YOU CHECK THE FUSE UNDER THE ENGINE COVER,20 AMP.DID YOU CHECK AND SEE IF SOMEONE HIT THE KILL SWITCH ON THE SHIFT HANDLE.

brmoore

Cadet

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me where there is a fuse under the enginge cover?

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer

RIGHT SIDE, REAR OF MOTOR NEAR THE TOP,JUST ABOVE THE POWERPACK

sony2001

Chief Petty Officer

A hot terminal can mean that the demand has a high resistance causing heat. Can be poor wire to terminal contact. There are marine terminals that attach to the large battery post and the cable attaches well to the terminal. Is the cable contact oxidization free and has a large surface contact? :cool: