Force 120 hp Carburetor Hookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

byazel

Recruit
I have a 1993 bayliner with a Force 120 hp on it. A friend and I had to tear it down and replace one of the pistons because it was blown. Now we can't keep the dang thing running. Its flooding bad now. I'm pretty sure we have messed something up with the carburetors. We can start it and run it for about 20 seconds if we disconnect the gas line and open the choke wide open, but as soon as the gas line is reconnected it dies due to extreme flooding. None of the settings were messed with during the tear down and re-assembly. I think we have the carburetor hoses run incorrectly. What I need is a diagram of some sort that shows what hoses go where, especially the hoses that run between the carburetors. I think there are a total of 3 hoses comming from the top carburetor and 2 from the bottom, some are supposed to run to this round do-hicky. I desperatly need a diagram. Any help would greatly be appriciated. Btw, I have a manual for this engine but the only diagram i can find is a "fuel recirculate system". But nothing from that diagram seems to match anything.

funin the sun

Seaman
Wanted to see if someone could tell me how many turns the idle air mix on both carbs should be set at. I have a 94 120hp force.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
The "doohicky is an enrichment valve that replaces the choke butterflies. Stock fuel line runs from the fuel pump to the bottom carb through a TEE fitting. A short length of fuel line connects from the top of the tee to the to carb (L fitting).

The enrichment valve is fed from one carb bowl through a small fuel line ()about 1/4 inch OD). A second fuel line runs from the other fitting on the enrichment valve to a plastic tee fitting that feeds both flanges of both carbs. When cranking the engine with the key depressed the valve is open and the fuel pump over fills the carb, pushing fuel through the small hoses into the manifold.

If the enrichment valve is stuck open the engine will flood and die.Clamp the hose from the carb bowl shut and try starting the engine. If it does not die from flooding then the problem is the enrichment valve. Double check the fuel pump diaphragm to be certain it does not have a hole or tear. Check the carbs to be certain the floats are not stuck down allowing them to flood. Double check that the low speed needles are set to 1 1/4 turns out from lightly seated AND FUNINTHESUN: It is not polite to hijack a thread. I would not have answered except byazel needed that info. Next time start your own thread--forum rules and common courtesy.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Wanted to see if someone could tell me how many turns the idle air mix on both carbs should be set at. I have a 94 120hp force.

Fun - You're going for the hijack record. This thread is 13 and one half years old. Can't you start a new topic per the Help Tip on top of the page.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.